Saturday, August 13, 2011

Long time, no see!

Hello out there in the blogosphere! my last update was June 13 and today is August 13. What have I been up to for the past 2 months?

Sewing! I've sewn one pair of pants, multiple fitness tops, two good-for-work tops and two maxi dresses--with the volume of stuff I have stashed, I should be sewing more! If Artistry in Fashion takes place on the hottest day of the year, I will wear one of my maxi dresses.

Working out and dancing--I've made it a goal to work out at the gym at least 4 times a week (three visits to the gym and 1 to dance class). I love sewing my fitness tops--I've got it down to about an hour for each top. If I can get a hold on my eating habits, the scale should start moving in the right direction. I'm sleeping better at night, but my garden is suffering from neglect.

Working--staffing changes at work means adjustment to different workstyles. I like being employed and I can embrace change, but I admit I have problems with surprises that don't have to be surprises. The job pays for rent and pays for fabric, so 'nough said.

Organizing--I keep buying patterns and fabrics. It's got to go somewhere. I bought another Metro shelving unit from the Container store. It seems to have made a difference. Not a large difference, but small changes can lead to big results.

Planning--sewing projects and dance workshop weekends. The months of August, September, October, and November have become months when there are a lot of local dance festivals/events and visiting instructors. I marked up my calendar and each month has a big event taking place. I haven't been in the dance scene for a while, so it's fun to be back.

I hope that all is well with you!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    What kind of dancing do you do?
    I take groove class at my gym and I LOVE it!
    I used to do ballroom and latin dancing but haven't done that for years. But I loved it then! I particularly loved coming home smelling like 10 different men's colognes. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are going well! I am also looking forward to AIF. :) You must be getting so darned toned!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!