Friday, December 16, 2011

I'm still here

I've been off crutches for about one month. Thank goodness--I was going stir crazy. I'm still in recovery mode, but I do want to offer my sincere apology for being away for so long. I can't say it any better than this guy. Gosh, just listening to this makes me want to get a boy band CD and watch the movie Titanic a couple of times.

Your personalized apology

I've been trying to dig out from the clutter that accumulated during my ten weeks on crutches, as well as re-start my fitness routine. I have done some minimal sewing--I made some scrunchies to keep my hair out of my face while I work out. Scrunchies are very 1980's, but they do not get lost in my gymbag, the way elastics do. I used these instructions.

While I was on crutches, I attended a meeting of fellow sewists at the abode of a Sewing Diva who happens to live in a work-live loft. Wow! it was gorgeous and I came home and looked at my small apartment and realized I could re-organize it would be more of a sewing atelier than lots of piles of stuff related to various hobbies. So that is one of my objectives for 2012 go through stuff and get de-accesssion things are more of an obligation than a pleasure. I hope to post again before the year is over, but I wanted to drop a line before the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. You've had a challenging Fall, Rose! But I'm glad you are on the mend and inspired by the diva's loft. It was great to see you recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Solstice back at you Rose....and here's to clearing out the old & making way for the new. The diva's loft is definitely a good one for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!