One task has lead to another, very similar to pulling a loose thread and unravelling a sweater. I've figured out where to stop, so I don't end up with a bunch of snarly tangled yarn.
It's the tail end of the long weekend--I have managed to get a lot done, but to my eyes, I am still on the uphill climb. It seems like nothing has changed. Sigh. No sewing this weekend, and no fabric or notions have been de-accessioned. I managed to wash and clean three of my four windows, inside and out (I can't easily get to the fourth window from the inside or outside). That was a major accomplishment, since the windows have not been cleaned since I moved into the apartment in 2002. I have learned that when windex doesn't work, white vinegar (undiluted) will do a great job removing hard water stains. I still have some stains. My goal is progress, not perfection.
I've washed and painted one wall of my bedroom a different shade of white. It's the smallest wall with the lowest ceiling but the room does look a little brighter. I'm considering re-arranging my bedroom furniture. I've been reading some fengshui books at bed time--and there are some fun concepts in there. I still have lots of boxes and cartons in an around my apartment. So that might be a project for next weekend
You will get there! I did more work on my closet today. I put nails in the wall and hung my wreaths on them. Now it will be easy for me to switch out wreaths for my front door when the seasons change. I also recycled and threw out the trash and that made things look better.
ReplyDeleteYou'll get there!
Also I like your statement about progress, not perfection.
Kyle, it sounds like you had a productive weekend, too! Great job!
DeleteCleaning and organizing are under appreciated--it takes a lot of time and space. I'm aiming for "progress rather than perfection" (my take on the saying, "Perfection is the enemy of good.")
I read your previous post, but I can't remember if I left a comment!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it sounds like you made good progress this weekend. Your weekend was more productively spent than mine. Good for you!!
(And don't you wish we had another day or two off???)
You did leave a comment--Thank you! I looked around this morning before I left for work and I did see a lot of progress. Yes, I almost called in sick so I could continue, but I'll make another to-do list of tasks (some easy tasks and some daunting ones, as well as some goals) and continue to work on them.
DeleteYou'll always be on my blog list Rose!! P.S. - don't forget you do know a Feng Shui practitioner..... ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh, Thank you, Jilly! That's re-assuring. :)
DeleteRegarding the Feng Shui--I have an over-abundance of stuff (unless there is a branch of Feng Shui that organizes clutter). This weekend is the electronics recycling and next weekend is the dancer-sale. My decluttering method is slow and steady and box-by-box. It's great--I get to enjoy the exposed floor space. :)
Thanks for your nice comment on.my Fabric Mart contest entry. I enjoy following yours!
ReplyDeleteI like to do Feng Shui in the house too, but I never seem to get rid of all my clutter. but I do like to keep things so I just move them to another place...
ReplyDelete