Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stash Busting 2009 - Day 1

1 and 7/8 yards down, 98 yards to go! 

I made a simple long-sleeved t-shirt from some black and white fabric that I purchased from Happy Stop in Oakland, CA.  I used Burda pattern 7970, which is a simple scoop neck darted t-shirt.  I had to raise the neckline (which is a standard Burda alteration), and do a FBA.  When I traced the pattern, I kinda fudged the FBA but the finished garment fit very well, so this is a keeper.

I need more basic, yet dressy-ish tops for work.  I'm planning on using this pattern to make other t-shirts out of solid colored fabrics.  My stash contains a lot of bright print jerseys or wild prints:  I need to round out my work wardrobe with tops in some solid colors, so they will coordinate with some skirts I'm planning on sewing.   Sewing solid colors will be a great exercise, because solid color garments will display all the stitching and seams.  I have the solid colored knits material in my stash, I just need to sew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!