Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not the day I planned

My afternoon did not go the way I wanted. I was planning to start a new pair of Marlene pants, but one of my dental appointment ran over. And over. I'll spare you the details, 3 hours in a dentist chair isn't fun and my one bit of advice is to lean over a sink when you gargle when your mouth is numbed with painkiller. After I got home, all I could think of ibuprofen and a nap.

After I recovered a bit, I did manage to trace off a copy of Burda 7774, a empire sheath dress with short sleeves. I traced the bodice according to my high bust measurement (I'm going to make an FBA) and the skirt portion according to my actual hip and body measurements. I'm making View A, which should require no more than 2 yards of fabric. I'll make a muslin tomorrow. I'm still thinking of Vogue 8555, but I need to start with one dress and see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!