I got home late last night from Long Beach and Los Angeles. This morning I slept late, and am enjoying a leisurely morning before going into work in the early afternoon. My original plans were to go shopping solo in the Los Angeles Fashion District, but luckily, a friend with a good eye for color was able to join me and help with finding parking and fabric enabling (well, I can't blame it all on her).
I think that I may have a bit of a fabric addiction. I did want to return from the trip with a trunk full of fabric and I succeeded beyond my wildest expectations (which is kinda scary). I can't tell you how much yardage because I went to Michael Levine's loft and bought fabric by the pound (let's just say that if I was flying, I would have had to pay extra for luggage). I highly recommend the Loft, as well as the regular store. After placing the purchases in my car, we met up with some more friends, had a late lunch and bought more fabric from other stores along 9th street. By the time we left at 4:30, my car trunk was full. I'll try share more detailed pictures later this week (I bought some great large scale border prints), but here is an immediate picture of the aftermath. It's mostly knits, with a split between fabric for work clothing and fabric for dance, fitness, and dressing up for dance events.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!