Right now, I'm recovering from a weekend dance workshop. I haven't attended a dance workshop in over a year. A weekend dance workshop means 3 hour class on Friday, 4 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday, and a show on both nights. I did not dance in the show on Saturday, but I did perform Sunday night. My arms and legs are very tired. I'm glad that I took Monday off from work. I'm happy to say that I made almost everything I wore this weekend (except lingerie and footwear), including the costume (very simple folkloric style). More on that later--I need to forage for some food.
Monday, July 19, 2010
African Fabrics from Michael's Fabrics/A Fabric Place
My bundle arrived from Michael's Fabrics today. They are gorgeous! I have 5 pieces which should be fun to work with. All of my fabrics came from the swatches that Sherri kindly sent me a earlier this month. ( I received 2, 4, 8, 9, 10) I'm going to wash them later this afternoon, so that they will be ready to go. I'm not certain which patterns I'm going to use but they are yummy. I found some new source of inspiration photographs--Jewel by Lisa-- courtesy of Eyeadaba's review on PR.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have received some of their mailers, but haven't bought anything yet. It looks like such great fabric!
ReplyDeleteHi,Kathi,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comments! Michael's has great fabrics. I've been very happy with my purchases from Michael's Fabrics. And the swatches that Sherri sends are always so very tempting!
Rose