Friday, July 9, 2010

fabric overload/ bundles

Hi, My name is Rose and I have a fabric buying problem. I see fabric, I want to hold and caress and own it. I have a hard time stepping back.

Michael's Fabrics of Maryland sent out a note earlier this week stating that they are selling some bundles of African cottons (42 inches wide). I asked Sherri if she had any more information about the fabrics, and she kindly scanned in some samples. I really wasn't going to order any more fabric (I already placed two other orders with them in the past 4 weeks), but when I saw the fabrics I bit and I ordered a small bundle.

(standard internet disclaimer) I don't work for or with Michael's Fabrics--I'm just a happy customer.

According to the email message, "these are authentic African cotton prints. They are 42 inches wide and some are metallic. We are offering bundles at $4.25 /yard. The cuts will be between 2-4 yards. They are 15, 20, 25, 30 and 50 yard bundles." So if you have questions about this fabric, please contact the Sherri or Michael using this information . I'm posting this because I've seen some questions about the African fabric on different internet forums. I won't answer any of the questions about the prices/shipping/availability, etc because I'm not the vendor. [I'm not planning on leaving this post up forever--I plan on removing it in a few weeks, as I imagine that the fabric will sold]

[Edited to add: Saturday 12:30 PDT--Sherri emailed me and let me know that many of the fabrics are depicted below have been sold out, but they have 30 or more of the African fabrics.]

Michael's Fabrics

Michael's Fabrics

Michael's Fabrics


Michael's Fabrics


2 comments:

  1. Thanks soooo much for posting these scans. I need no more fabric but was so curious about this offering. Looking forward to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Beth,

    thank you for your comments! I'm happy to share!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!