Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fun Stuff that arrived in today's mail

I received the October KnipMode in today's mail! It makes up for the fact that I didn't get any Netflix DVD's (I live close enough Netflix processing center that I usually get them within 24 hours, but for some reason, I have not received three out of my four DVDs. It's very annoying).
KnipMode is a Dutch sewing magazine with the patterns inserted (similar to Burda World of Fashion/BurdaFashion). It's mailed from the Netherlands, and it's packaged very well: a large paper postal envelope: the magazines that are inserted are shrink wrapped. I don't have to worry about this enveloped getting caught in the rain.


Lots of eyecandy in the October 2009 issue, which is accompanied by two different inserts: a specials pattern insert ("Bijlage") and another one that seems to focus on home organization and decoration ("Blos"). I will enjoy perusing through these issues.



I'm still sewing BWOF 09-2005-129 pants. I've made the second pair out of corduroy. I'm attaching a copy of the line drawing. The first version I made did not have the interesting seaming (they were just plain trousers); the second version I made has the pieced together front pieces with the interesting seams. The corduroy (non-stretch) sews up differently--I have to take more time fitting, because there is no lycra to pull it back into shape. I'm almost finished: I need to hem the legs as well as (hand)sewing on the hook and eye. I had problems sewing the buttonhole on the first version because of the thickness of the denim. I remembered that I had hooks and eyes, so I decided to use that as the waistband closure. I should be done tonight!

Line Drawing

Fashion photo from Burda World of Fashion.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Knitmode and thats why I love blogisphere. Cool looking pants... and the jacket the model is wearing is also nice.

    Thanks for the lovely compliment on my cardigan.

    I read your post about your surgery and hope you are feeling much better. Thanks for the fyi on strength training. I am such a wienner when it comes to exercising, I spend most of my workout on the treadmill, when I should be mixing it up with strength training.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!