Saturday, September 10, 2011

My left foot

I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts--I am slowing down. I met with a podiatrist yesterday and he told me that I should expect 8 weeks of recovery time. (I have one fracture,not multiple--thank goodness). I also got a walking boot which prevents my ankle from bending and the strongly worded advice not to put weight on my foot (so I'm still on crutches). He also told me that the inactivity was going to drive me crazy. I did get a temporary disabled tag for my car. I will be taking it slowly and I will allow time for my fifth metarasal to heal. I took a picture of the x-ray to remind myself of what I'm dealing with--the arrow is pointing to the fracture (the little white dot is the cursor on the doc's digital x.ray image).

Obligatory sewing mention--I altered the waistline of two pairs of pants. The pants are wide enough to fit over the boot, but the waists were too big. I made some non-elegant tucks in the back using my SM basting stitch. The pants fit better and they are work appropriate.

5 comments:

  1. Well... I guess it could be worse. Eight weeks, huh? So, early November. I was sorry not to see you at Kenneth King's talk today, but not too surprised! I hope you are off crutches soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your post and have to get going but wanted to say, I'm sending healing energy your way and that I know you're going to be just fine! Be kind to yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy "Staying well with guided imagery" by Belleruth Naparstek and read the end of the first chapter--it's applicable to your current situation. Hope each day is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (or take it out of the library!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you enjoyed the belly dancing window.
    how's your foot??

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!