Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One down, one more to go

Well, I still need to add buttonholes and buttons. I'm going to use the red ones that are pinned to my dressform. I should be able to assemble the gold and white shirt tomorrow night. After that, I'll make some t-shirts. I have some bamboo jersey from a coop purchase.

Pardon the mess in the background. That is part of my ever-growing stash of fabric. I'm glad to have sewn something with this blouse weight cotton (with stretch). I purchased it over a year ago from Fabrics R Us in San Jose. It was $2.99 a yard (it was outside). I saw someone else purchasing it so I asked for some yardage. It's a fun print, probably, more summery than winter, but I like it and that is what counts. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is an adorable blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm very happy with the way this is coming together. In the future, I'm going to try to sew two versions the same garment at a time. I'm finding it to be a great way to reinforce and improve my sewing techniques.

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 at once...I thought that would be a good idea, too, until I hit a pattern that was confusing and made the exact same mistakes...3 times. Eeesch, confidence wrecker LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Beth,

    thank you for the reminder! I worked very carefully when finishing my two blouses, just to make certain I did everything in a thoughtful manner.

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people who are reading my blog!